There’s so much to say about Laisee and Luke. Even a month later, not only do I catch myself chatting about their wedding, but more importantly, them. I feel completely honored that these two chose me to help them plan their wedding. Our evening Google Hangout sessions won’t be forgotten. I can still hear Laisee’s laugh and visualize Luke’s to-do notes, carefully organized on index cards held together with a large paper clip. I'm grateful to know such good individuals.
Their wedding was such a special day. 300 friends and family members were transported to the site, which is Luke’s parents’ home. I’m still so grateful for all the hard work of the transportation team, Country Coach Charters. With only one long driveway to use, somehow this crew made this task look easy!
The ceremony, which overlooked the ocean, was beautifully delivered by Uncle Scout. And I vividly remember that Luke vowed not only to produce a boy (Laisee has 4 sisters), but also to join in more of Laisee’s philanthropic efforts. Guests also heard about the boomerang that Laisee once gave Luke when they were in high school together. Luke held onto it for quite some time and she received it back as part of his proposal. Their ceremony was overflowing with laughter and so much love.
Other highlights from the day that I was lucky enough to witness:
- The food was all provided by a good friend of theirs, Phil, who owns Hurricane Deli. Phil and his team provided 3 food stations alongside Luke’s company, Luke’s Lobster, which came equipped in their food truck.
- L&L took 1 dance lesson, which absolutely paid off, but still they had guests join in during the middle of their first dance to enjoy the fun.
- The Felix Brown Band may have stole the show-- their entertaining is incredible. This crew is such a talented group of musicians who know how to get a crowd engaged. The dance floor never saw a quiet moment.
- The wish lanterns at the end of the evening couldn't be forgotten either! We may have done them a little too close to the edge of the ocean though!
- The laughter and the hugs-- so much of it!
- Their guest book, which will get lots of use, was a handmade table from Luke’s brother. Guests were able to carve their names into it.
These two had such a joyful day. Their smiles don’t go unnoticed and they were grateful to each and every person who made this day so beautiful for them.
Their incredible team:
Planning and Design: Doting and Details
Photography: Brea McDonald Photography
Band: Felix Brown Band
Tent: Sperry Tents
Bathrooms: New England Restrooms
Lighting: Maine Event Design and Decor
Napkins: Party Time Rentals
Invitations: Little Ivy Paper Goods
Transportation: Country Coach Charters
Bouquets and ceremony flowers: Coco Design Co.
Hair and Makeup: Sarah & Co.